Buy To Let Insurance
Your rental property is an important investment and protecting it from the unexpected is vital. Things can go wrong, even with the most well-meaning tenants, but the right cover can help provide important peace of mind.Get A Quote!
Specialist Buy to Let Insurance is essential for anyone who is renting out their property. Our Buy to Let Insurance provides peace of mind to your clients by protecting their home and possessions from loss or damage. The product has been specifically designed for the Buy-to-Let market and offers cover on a bedroom rated basis (meaning we offer a high sum-insured and don't ask for a specific re-build value), with ancillary products such as rent arrears protection available to complement the product’s coverage.
- £600,000 buildings cover as standard to cover against damage such as fire, storm, subsidence and theft.
- There is no need to calculate the re-build of the property, mitigating the risk of both under and over-insurance.
- £15,000 contents cover as standard to cover landlords' content, including white goods (such as fridge/freezer & washing machine), furniture (such as sofas and beds) and furnishings (such as curtains and carpets).
- Loss of rent or alternative accommodation up to 20% of the building & contents sum insured
- Loss of metered water or oil up to £1,500
- Cover included for the new owner when selling the property until the sale is completed
- Accidental Damage to underground pipes, tanks and services you are responsible for
- Trace and access cover up to £5,000
- Landlords Legal liability as owner up to £2,000,000 per property
- Liability for your Domestic Employees up to £5,000,000
- Third party financial interests can be noted provided Our network is informed
- All tenant types considered, including cover for students, DSS and asylum seekers available.
Cover can be extended to include:
- Accidental damage cover - When selected we will replace items you or your tenants accidentally damage (up to the sum insured).
- Malicious damage cover - If you are unlucky enough to have a tenant who damages your property we’ll cover the cost of repair (up to the sum insured).
- Landlords' legal cover - up to £25,000 to cover the costs of any legal proceedings relating to your rental property. For example, to cover the cost of evicting tenants.
- To protect you in the event that your tenant fails to pay their rent
- Let Home Emergency cover
More Than One Property
When a client has more than one property, big savings can be achieved by combining these properties into one portfolio Insurance policy, with one monthly premium and one renewal.
These policies are available via our Commercial & Non-Standard Referral service that have direct access into a panel of specialist Buy to Let Insurers and will handle all aspects of the quotation, sales and compliance process.
Landlord Legal Expenses Cover
Landlords Legal Expenses covers your client for professional fees that may arise if tenant(s) breach the terms of their tenancy agreement by providing cover for your clients legal expenses and associated fees.
The policy provides cover for legal expenses, up to £25,000 per annum, arising out of:
- Damage by tenants to your let property
- Repossession of the let property
- Eviction of squatters
- Defence of criminal prosecutions
- Nuisance and trespass
- Alleged acts or omissions by you as landlord
Rent Arrears Cover
Tenants’ personal circumstances can change for any number of reasons, so it’s prudent to minimise the risk to your clients income. Rent Arrears Indemnity cover can assist to protect rental income.
Rent Arrears Indemnity cover provides:
- Protection to pay the monthly rent on breach of a tenancy agreement.
- 100% of the rent arrears due to you for up to 6 months or until full and vacant possession is obtained, whichever happens soonest.
- Covers monthly rent up to £2,500 per month.
- Cover is only available for properties to be insured within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Cover is subject to there being a full Tenant Reference credit check being carried out for the tenant(s) and any Guarantor.
Home Emergency Cover
This covers Emergency Work of up to £500 per annum where one or more of the following has occurred in the UK property which must be tenanted at the time under a Tenancy Agreement:
- The plumbing or drainage system has either failed or been damaged and escape of water or internal water damage is a likely consequence of that failure or damage.
- The electricity supply system has failed or broken down.
- The external locks, doors or windows have either failed or been damaged and the failure or damage is such as to render the Home insecure.
- The Primary Heating System has failed or broken down completely. A current Gas Safety Certificate is required for this cover to be valid.
Compare Landlord Cover
In order to be eligible for a Uinsure Landlord Insurance policy, your client must be able to agree to the following conditions:
- The walls of your property are built from brick, stone or concrete (excluding prefabricated concrete).
- The roof of your property is built from slate or tiles.
- The roof of your property is no more than 30% flat.
- The property is not above/attached to a commercial premises.
- The property is not to be used as a holiday home.
- The property is not to be used for business or professional purposes, other than clerical work undertaken by your tenants.
- The property is not left unoccupied for more than 30 consecutive days.
- Your property will be maintained in a good state of repair.
- Your property is not undergoing (or scheduled to undergo) any building work.
- Your property is free from a history of subsidence, heave or landslip and has not shown any signs of movement.
- To the best of your knowledge the property has no history of flooding.
- You have never undertaken preventative measures to limit flooding.
- You have not had special terms imposed by your insurer, or had insurance declined, cancelled, refused or declared void.
- During the last 3 years, you have not had more than three claims or losses relating to a buy to let property or had any claim or loss relating to a buy to let property costing more than £1,000.
- You have not been convicted or charged for any offence or have any prosecution pending (other than a motoring offence).
- The property is protected by a smoke alarm
- You have never been prosecuted for breach of any health and safety act regulation or any legislation relevant to the business of letting property.
- You have not been subject to bankruptcy or insolvency orders which are either outstanding or have been discharged for less than 5 years.
- You do not have any unsatisfied County Court Judgements (CCJ’s).
- You are permanently resident within the United Kingdom.